DIY SQUISHY KOALA!! Make VIRAL Silicone Squishies from Scratch! Hitohada Gel Tutorial. ♥ NEW!!! 20 Crazy Slime Experiments Part 2 ♥ https://youtu.be/lPtm1ggnWe4
♥ DIY Transparent Squishies ♥ https://youtu.be/PxbOq8whTXI
Please Subscribe to Cute Life Hacks HERE! https://www.youtube.com/cutelifehacks
Thanks everyone for waiting! This DIY took longer than expected because of a delay in getting materials AND the actual crafting process was trickier than I thought ^_^". I nearly ended up not being able to make this video at all because only one of my DIY squishies worked. But please don't let my experience scare you off from trying this DIY yourself. I made a lot of mistakes in this video so you don't have to, and if you follow the instructions carefully then it should be fairly straightforward! These are things to remember when using Milky Hitohada Gel:
1) The final mixture needs to have a ratio of 3:1, which means 75% Milky Base Resin and 15% Clear Hardener. This should be measured as precisely as possible using baking scales.
2) The mould can be made using 2-part putty or Oyumaru. Of course, you can use any existing silicone moulds as well, such as those for DIY resin casting, DIY clay crafts, cake pops or ice cubes.
3) If adding colour, use a TINY amount of powder pigment and mix this into the base resin. The instructions do warn you that using too much pigment can affect the curing process, which was most likely what happened in my case :(
4) KEEP AWAY FROM WATER. Even a single drop of food colouring is enough to ruin the squishy mixture, so do not use any liquid inks or paint before it's fully cured.
5) Wash your hands repeatedly when handling a freshly-cured squishy. These attract dust & dirt really easily and are very difficult to clean. Unlike pure silicone squishies, washing Hitohada squishies tends to make them stickier.
♥ DIY Shopping Links ♥
Hitohada Gel Milky: https://goo.gl/rRzXDS
Hitohada Gel Clear: https://goo.gl/XfR8fS
Hitohada Gel Foamy: https://goo.gl/72XzhX
2-Part Mould Maker: http://amzn.to/2gYRLDm
Fimo Polymer Clay: https://goo.gl/Z3H8Mk
♥ Ready-Made Squishies ♥
Cat Squishy https://goo.gl/e8ybQw
Seal Squishy https://goo.gl/nzsaKV
Lazy Squishy https://goo.gl/RqG9dD
All Squishies: https://goo.gl/JjqnqU
I have to say I was a bit surprised by how tricky this kit was. I know that Hitohada actually create products for industrial use (e.g. forensics & manufacturing) so it's likely that they simply rebranded some materials for the crafting / DIY market. Most craft products, especially those aimed at children have a high margin of error. Meaning that even if you eyeball the measurements or accidentally add something else, it doesn't make a difference to the outcome.
However in this case, getting a measurement wrong by a few grams can make the difference between having a perfect squishy and a completely failed one. This is even more noticeable in my clear squishy DIY. So as mentioned, it's best to treat this project as a very special "luxury" crafting experience. If you just want squishies then it's cheaper to buy them. But if you want to try a totally new and unique type of DIY, then give this a try. Polymer clay crafters have a lot of existing pieces lying around, so now it's easy to turn your favourites into squishies!
♥ My GERMAN Channel!! Cute Life Hacks DE ♥ http://www.youtube.com/cutelifehacksde
♥ Cute Life Hacks Channel ♥ http://www.youtube.com/cutelifehacks
♥ Instagram ♥ http://instagram.com/maqaroon
♥ My Hamster Channel ♥ http://www.youtube.com/fluffieland
♥ Facebook ♥ http://www.facebook.com/maqaroon
♥ Snapchat Username ♥ @maqaroon
(c) Joanna Zhou 2017
Contains Music from Epidemic Sound (http://www.epidemicsound.com)
This video is not sponsored.
This video does contain free products that were sent to me for review, which are marked as "Advertising / Werbung" under Austrian influencer guidelines.
Contains affiliate links
Tags: DIY SQUISHY KOALA!! Make VIRAL Silicone Squishies from Scratch! Hitohada Gel Tutorial, DIY, crafting, squishy, viral, DIYs, toys, unboxing, educational, kids, kid, crafts, colors, squishies, how to make squishies, how to make squishy, squishy haul, squishy review, slime, phone case, trend, trends, 5 minute, 5 minute crafts, things to do when you're bored, DIY ideas, gift ideas, kawaii, cute, polymer clay, fimo, hacks, hack, life hack, life hacks, koala, hitohada, hitohada gel, 2 part resin